top of page

MUSICS

Boma Akpore says partner’s family rejected him over public image

Boma Akpore says his relationship ended after his partner’s family rejected him over concerns tied to his fame and public image.

November 28, 2025 at 6:30:16 AM

May 15, 2026 at 3:03:32 PM

🕒 1 min read

Witty Pascal

By

Witty Pascal

Entertainment Editor

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

Boma Akpore says his relationship ended after his partner’s family rejected him over concerns tied to his fame and public image.

Former Big Brother Naija housemate Boma Akpore has disclosed that a relationship he intended to take to marriage ended after his partner’s family declined to approve their union.


In a podcast interview with Chude Jideonwo, Akpore said the rejection was based on concerns about his public persona and the scrutiny that comes with his career in the entertainment industry.


He revealed that he had planned to propose to his partner in August and had intended to travel to the United States to purchase an engagement ring. However, the relationship came to an abrupt end when her family opposed the marriage plans.


According to Akpore, the family’s disapproval was rooted in perceptions shaped by his visibility as a public figure. He described the situation as discouraging, noting that the relationship had been largely positive despite minor disagreements.


He added that being in the public eye often exposes aspects of a person’s life to judgment and misinterpretation, which he believes played a significant role in the family’s decision.


Akpore concluded that the experience highlighted the personal challenges that can arise from fame, especially

TRENDING NOW

DRC and Tanzania Advance Central Corridor Plan to Cut Trade Costs

Muyaya Challenges World Over Rutaremara’s Call to Banyamulenge

Banyamulenge Reject Rwanda’s Call to Attack Congo

Kinshasa Prepares Eight-Lane Boulevard Étienne Tshisekedi

Bemba Demands Deadlines at Three DRC Airports

POPULAR TODAY

Hakainde Hichilema Wins Second Term in Zambia Election

Katende Hydropower Project Gains Momentum With $15 Million

Kinshasa Prepares Eight-Lane Boulevard Étienne Tshisekedi

FDLR Accepts Disarmament and Demobilization Plan, DRC Says

Tshisekedi Backs Digital Monitoring of DRC Public Money

RELATED ARTICLE

Davido Opens a New Era With Sixth Album ‘ORIADÉ’

Entertainment

Davido Opens a New Era With Sixth Album ‘ORIADÉ’

The Afrobeats star marks 15 years in music with his shortest album yet.

Temmy Dreddz Preaches Patience on New Single ‘Jeje’

Entertainment

Temmy Dreddz Preaches Patience on New Single ‘Jeje’

The Nigerian singer encourages listeners to grow and move through life at their own pace.

Rudeboy Defends Igbo Culture After Mr P’s Language Remark

Entertainment

Rudeboy Defends Igbo Culture After Mr P’s Language Remark

Paul Okoye says his identity and music are deeply connected to his native language.

Mr P Defends Children Speaking French Amid Language Debate

Entertainment

Mr P Defends Children Speaking French Amid Language Debate

The P-Square star told critics to stay out of his family’s language choices.

Tags

Nigerian Entertainment

Musics

bottom of page